Wednesday, January 23, 2008

How do you like them Apples ?

Last week, we were treated to Apple's vision of the future - in particular the MacBook Air.

I must say that I was wow'ed by the technology, but disappointed at the premium pricing. So needless to say, I shan't be putting my name on the pre-order list.

From another viewpoint, nearly all Version 1 products - yes, even Apple's - tend to have bugs & glitches. So I'll wait.

By a fantastic coincidence, I was reading Khaled Hosseini's excellent book "The Kite Runner". How about this for a relevant quote :

"One time, when I was really little, I climbed a tree and ate these green, sour apples. My stomach swelled and became hard like a drum, it hurt a lot. Mother said that if I'd just waited for the apples to ripen, I wouldn't have become sick. So now, whenever I really want something, I try to remember what she said about
the apples."


Not sure how sour the Air will be, but I think I'll wait for that particular apple to ripen a little.

No comments: